Just Add Monochrome

Paris in the Spring



There's a challenge at Just Add Ink to Just Add Monochrome to your papercraft project this week.

According to Wikipedia, Monochrome describes paintings, drawings, design or photographs in one colour or shades of one colour. For an image, the term monochrome is usually taken to mean the same as black and white or, more likely, greyscale, but may also be used to refer to other combinations containing only tones of a single colour.

So with that definition in mind, the team at Just Add Ink would love to see you have some fun and join in with this week's theme!

I chose to use some new goodies that literally arrived the day I sat down to make this card. They're from the gorgeous Summer Mini Catalogue (link on my side bar). If you're a customer (or potential customer) and haven't got your own copy yet, please drop me an email and I'll pop one in the post ASAP.


Here's what I used for 'Paris in the Spring' -
Stamp Sets: Artisitic Etchings, Easter Blossoms (new)
Cardstock: Glossy White
Ink: Black StazOn, Basic Gray
Accessories: Basic Black DSP from Neutrals Patterns Stack, Newsprint DSP (for rolled rose), Presto Patterns Specialty DSP (new) - this was sponge daubed with Basic Gray ink to reveal the pattern), White Signo Gel Pen, Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die (new), Modern Label Punch, Vintage Trinket (new), Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (retired)

Comments

Cynthia said…
Wow! What a beautiful, beautiful card! I really love the swirls. It makes me feel like I really am in Paris!!
Renée said…
this is absolutely GORGEOUS, Bronwyn! Love love love it!
Tania Gould said…
Oooooo one of my favourites of yours Bronwyn! This is truly stunning! It works so well together!
Anonymous said…
wowee..the square scallop is just divine! Almost looks metallic.
Leonie said…
So very pretty :)
Sandra said…
Beautiful Bronwyn. I really love the ruffled ribbon and flower.
Stunning!!! I love that blossom and the Paris paper in the background, your little rose and the detail of the ruffled ribbon!! WOW OH WOW!!!
SMIles SHarnee :)
Robyn said…
Incredibly STUNNING!! What a fabulous job!
Mae's Cachet said…
I love black and white cards and I especially like how you have incorporated a spring theme in to this Parisian style card.
Rachel said…
What a stunner.. Beautiful card.
Rach:)
Patrice said…
Simply stunning! Definitely on my list of favourites from you Bron - you must be completely relaxed and enjoying the break, it's showing in your craft :o)
Paula Dobson said…
What can I say - but you have NAILED this challenge, my friend. Seriously gorgeous card :-)
KimB said…
Oh Bron this is gorgeous!! You have really utilised the presto paper superbly! Love how you layered the elements added wonderful touches like the newsprint rose!
Karen said…
Another great card Bronwyn, It is simply stunning, love the new Presto Papers sponged in the grey. Might need to put these on my wish list.
AJ said…
Breathtaking Bron! I'm literally lost for words, but I can see how much work went into this. Gorgeous!
Tandra said…
OMGosh you are just amazing!!!! This is so rad!! I love it!!
I dont even know what to say it is so awesome!!
Unknown said…
This is GORJUS, I love all the elements, love the papers too, scallop die looks terrific, yay its on my next order lol.