Circle Butterfly Easel Card

I decided to combine my two favourite types of cards to make this Circle Butterfly Easel Card, then two more butterfly cards soon followed to form this little trio -


Precious Butterflies



The following colours were chosen as I loved the 'Summery' combination -

... No, I'm not starting up my own colour challenges but I was itching to create a colour swatch. What do you think?


Spellbinders Nestabilities have a gorgeous product called Butterflies Circles and from the moment I spotted it, I knew I was destined to make an easel card with it :)


So, here's a new little creation from me that I have dubbed the
Circle Butterfly Easel Card -
Combine the following tutorials to make one of your own -

http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/scallop-circle-easel-card-tutorial.html


http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/butterfly-easel-card-tutorial.html



Side Views


Back View



Matching Cards


A tutorial for the larger butterfly easel card can be purchased from here -
http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/larger-butterfly-easel-card-tutorial.html

These cards were my second attempt to grace the pages of ACS &P but I got another polite, "Thanks, but no thanks". You all know the saying that involves a dog and a bone. Well ... that will be me :)

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with a very special post!

PS:  This happened -
Congratulations! In the General Stamping Talk forum, you're in the FAVORITES for the week ending December 18, 2011. See post #___3_.  Then this ...
PPS: Thank you to the ladies at Splitcoast who listed these cards among the CAS (Clean and Simple) Best of 2011.
What an honour!  Now I don't feel quite so bad that these did not end up gracing the pages of my favourite magazine!  I think I'll go and live in the USA ;)

Comments

Patrice said…
I think you're just a bit too clever Ms Bron - your colour swatch looks fabbo.

ACS&P don't know what they're doing! Fancy turning these beauties down. Fools. I love your colour combo and I love your gorgeous easel cards!
Anonymous said…
just Amazing, Bron. I love them, and the colour combos. x
Christine Blain said…
Very clever, creating that colour swatch (although I did do a double take when I saw it!!). LOVE the delightful butterfly circle dies, and the gorgeous cards you've created, Bron. Perfection!