Tags for Father's Day

I'm chilling out tonight after a 5 hour demo at a local craft shop today.  It was all about tags and you will see quite a few posts over the next few days with some more examples.  Here's just a small snippet of a couple of Father's Day tags that I made.

                                           
I discovered quite by accident that if you pushed the loop end of the doubled ribbon through the back of the tag, you can make a tie.  You need to cut the ribbon a little over two lengths of the tag.  

Both tags feature sentiments from the Flourishes Stamp Set called, A Guiding Light.                           
                                          
Some kitchen twine was threaded through the top and a brad used to complete the Father's Day tag.


This one was cut using the largest tag in the Spellbinders set and covered with Kaiser Craft patterned paper from the Le Chateau collection.  I have used ribbon from SU for both examples.

Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

More great tags Bronwyn!
The ladies at your class were VERY lucky to have such a wonderful teacher.
H2 :) said…
So today was the big day? Hope it all went well & that you enjoyed yourself as much as I know the participants would have. Wish I could have been there! :)
These tags are awesome Bron. The little ties are so cute & I ♥ the retro orange "shirt" with the denim tie, that's so cool! :)
Hope it was a wonderful experience! I machine it was exhausting! These tags are lotsa fun! Hugs xxx
Mae's Cachet said…
Very clever Bron! I particularly like the top tag with the lovely Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. I am sure all those who attended thoroughly enjoyed what you had to share.
Esther Asbury said…
Absolutely Adorable!!!
Lisa Elton said…
How FUN Bronwyn...thanks for the tip!! Love the tie tac on the first one.
Paula Dobson said…
How CUTE are these tags Bron?!! These would be great to give with a gift for any occassion!
These tags are so much fun, Bronwyn! I love the chunkier tie wit it's tie pin :)