An Oriental Themed Card in a Box for My Sister's Birthday

Hi there.  Welcome to my blog.  Today I'm entering a challenge over at Seize the Birthday. They always have an 'anything goes' challenge for birthdays in general or you can choose to go along with a 'topping', which this week is to use the colours, red and white.

I've spent a few sessions over the last 3 days putting this card together for my sister's birthday which is on January 1st.  I always think it's pretty cool that every year the whole world waits up for her birthday to happen!

My sister's town house has an oriental theme and all her decor is in red, white, black and silver.  She doesn't understand why I spend so long making cards as they only get 'thrown away' (gasp!) and she always tells me I should put my energy into making home decor pieces or practical items that last.  Well, I have made sure this one won't end up in the bin (I hope) as I have made a card/home decor piece/gift card holder all in one!


Stampin' Up! enthusiasts might be interested in knowing that the card is actually constructed from the Gift Card Envelope Die and there's a couple of sneak peeks to some brand new items heading our way on the 5th January - Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack (Free SAB item) and Cups and Kettle Framelits Dies (Occasions Catty 2016).  I will provide more details in another post when my tutorial is complete.
Folds flat for posting.

 http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/red-and-white.html   http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/red-and-white.html 
Red and White

This is the first time that I have played along at Seize the Birthday!

 


http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/just-add-ink-293gift-card.html

I'm also linking up at Just Add Ink as they have a Gift Card Theme for challenge #293; the back of my card in the box has a Gift Card Envelope attached as my sister is getting a gift card for one of her favourite clothing stores.



Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

JoAnn said…
This is beautiful and should not end up in the trash. I love your box card and all the details you put into it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.
Anni said…
I LOVE to see flower cards in winter and yours is so special!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni
Donna Schnees said…
Gorgeous card, if your sister throws this one away, I think you need for her to be checked out lol:). I keep a scrapbook album of all the handmade cards I get. Maybe she should do the same. TFS!
jdow12 said…
Really like your oriental theme. It got me to thinking something along this line would make a great card to send for Chinese New Year. thanks for the inspiration


Jenny said…
The best card in a box I have ever seen. I can hardly wait for your tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
OttawaMom said…
Gorgeous card in a box!! I'm sure your sister will love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
gjs said…
I love the colors in this card and it is so stunning. Thanks for sharing.
Jodene said…
This is one amazing card Bron, and I am sure it will not end up anywhere near the bin! (if it does, maybe she will get a store bought card next year - gasp!) lol Happy New Year! xx