A Butterfly Farewell for The Colour Tree

Hi there.  Today's card is one that I have wanted to try for ages.  I've seen a few of these Swallowtail cut out cards on Pinterest and made this farewell card for a good friend and work colleague.  She loves purple and butterflies so I used a few complementary shades for the background and butterfly layers.  I love how it turned and decided to put the combo together for the latest challenge at The Colour Tree.


http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-colour-tree-challenge-6.html 

  

 

The Swallowtail background stamp was stamped onto the card front with Versa Mark Ink and embossed with Iridescent Ice Emboss Powder.   A watercolour wash of Rich Razzleberry Ink (in an Aquapainter) was added for the emboss resist technique and then splotches were stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink.  After the card front layer had dried, the shape of the butterfly was cut out and two die cuts added for extra dimension.

I hope you can join in with the latest challenge by linking up your project in the TCT Gallery.


Project Recipe -
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

DeeDee7770 said…
Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the colours!