Fun with New Stampin' Up! Toys - a Lava Lamp Card for SUO 88

This week at SUO Challenges we're asking you to make a project using something new that's in your stash and share it with us!

Up in the Northern Hemisphere a brand new Occasions Catalogue has just been released.  Down under in Australia we are in the pre-order month for this exciting new catalogue and Sale-a-bration goodies.  If you haven't got your hot little hands on any of the brand new products yet, don't stress as you can still play along with anything that's new to you from Stampin' Up! ®.

A Lava Lamp Card for SUO 88

I have three 'sneak peeks' to share with you from the soon to be released Occasions Catalogue -
  1. Just Sayin' Stamp Set and Word Bubbles Framelits Dies (purchase them as a 'bundle' to save 15%)
  2. Perfect Pennants Stamp Set and Banners Framelits Dies (also available as a 'bundle')
  3. Watercolour Wonder Designer Series Paper
I've also included a stamped sentiment (i lava you) from one of my newest stamp sets, 'Crazy, Mixed Up Love', from the current annual catalogue. I actually bought it when SU had a whopping 25% of 25 stamp sets special.  I just love all the cute images and matching sentiments and have the digital download as well, which brings me to how I actually made this card ...

Digital Downloads from MDS are so versatile especially if you have an e-cutter because many of the digital stamps can be converted into cutting files.  That's exactly what I did with the lava lamp image.

1. I designed a card base in my Silhouette Studio and e-cut it from Tangerine Tango Card Stock.
2. The next layer was cut from the gorgeous Watercolour Wonder DSP.
3. Then the 'lava liquid hearts' from  TT card stock were glued onto the DSP.
3. The fourth layer was cut from a Window Sheet.
4. The Basic Black Card Stock base and top section were attached to keep the Window Sheet layer in place.
5. Lastly, the hand stamped sentiments were added to complete the card.

I guess you could call it as a semi-hybrid card??


So what's new in your stash?  Make sure you play along at SUO over the next fortnight and share your creativity with us!

Design Team Blogs -


Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow - love your card!
This is very, very groovy man.... I mean "woman" hee hee
Super creative card lovely!! I totally dig it!
SMiles SHarnee :)